As a valued member of our community, nothing is more important to us than your health and safety. As the coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to be a growing concern, we’re taking extra precautions to protect you and the community we serve.
To ensure we’re acting on the latest official guidance and information, our office is closely monitoring current reporting from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO) and government leaders as they work to manage the virus.
What Mount Pleasant Health Center is doing to help:
- Augmented facility cleaning discipline with focus on disinfecting surfaces including tables, countertops, touchpads, door handles and other high touch areas.
- Increased number of hand sanitizing stations available in or offices.
- We do not have coronavirus tests. A brand new COVID-19 test by the Mayo Clinic has been submitted to FDA for emergency use authorization, to read the news release click here.
- Keep abreast of CDC travel alerts, click here for travel guides, risk assessment by country and other resources.
- For up to date COVID-19 information from the CDC click here.
- Protective measures against new coronavirus from World Health Organization.
- MUSC issued coronavirus related guidance here.
- Coronavirus hotlines for South Carolina residents : SC DHEC 855-472-3432
What you can do to help with prevention:
- If you have recently returned from any high-risk country or live with someone who has traveled to those regions, self-quarantine for 14 days.
- Conduct group meetings by phone or other digital means. Evaluate remote and flexible work capabilities to temporarily increase social distancing.
- Consider warm contactless greetings or fist bumps instead of handshakes.
- Suspend business air travel and limit domestic travel to minimize potential exposure to the virus.
- Practice health habits that strengthen the body and improve immunity:
- Exercise and move your body
- Get plenty of sleep and rest
- Drink water and stay hydrated
- Eat proper diet of nutrient rich foods
- Avoid processed foods and environmental toxins
- Maintain a positive mental attitude
- Optimize nervous system function with chiropractic care.